Once again, the band are looking forward to performing in Morley Town Hall on Saturday 9th March, as part of the Leeds Best of Brass concert series.
This year guest conductor Jonathan Beatty, who brings a twist of Yorkshire humour to the proceedings, will be guiding the band and audience through an entertaining programme. Featuring no less than eight of the band’s fine soloists, there is a mix of old and new favourites with something for everyone to enjoy!
• The Champions (William Rimmer)
• Festive Overture – Shostakovich, arr. P. Kitson
• My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose (Trad. Arr. Gordon Langford)
Cornet soloist: Stephanie Wilkins
• 12th Street Rag (Euday Bowman)
Featuring: Brian Taylor, Owain Llestyn and Jimmy Leggat
• Mood Indigo (Ellington, Mills and Bigard, arr. Philip Harper)
• Rhapsody for Trombone (Gordon Langford)
Trombone Soloist: Rebecca Lundberg
• Fire in the Blood (Paul Lovatt-Cooper)
– Interval –
• Saints Fantasy (Leigh Baker)
• Mack and Mabel (J. Herman, arr. Keith Wilkinson)
• Piper ‘O’ Dundee (Kenneth Downie)
Featuring: Rachel Neil (Horn)
• Ashokan Farewell (Trad, arr. Alan Fernie)
Featuring: Lucy Cutt (Flugel)
• Benedictus from the Armed Man (Karl Jenkins)
Euphonium Soloist: Adam Bokaris
• Don’t Stop Me Now (arr. Phillip Harper)
• Procession to the Minster (Wagner, arr. Howard Snell)
For tickets, please see
Fairey Band and Stockport School’s Brass Band
We are delighted to be hosting a joint concert of Remembrance with the Stockport School’s Brass Band on Friday 9th November, 7:30pm at St Elisabeth’s Church, Reddish, Stockport. To enquire about tickets please use the contact section of the website or come along and pay on the door on the evening.
The Fairey Band are extremely proud to be representing England at the 2018 European Brass Band Championships in Utrecht in May.
We have been hard at work getting the pieces up to scratch! The video below features some of the preparations the band have been making before their performances of ‘Time for Outrage!’ and our own choice test piece that has been commissioned especially for the occasion.
The contest will be broadcast live on the internet so be sure to tune in to www.brasspass.tv on 4th & 5th of May.
Reminder: The band will be putting on a FREE concert on Sunday 29th April at Glossop Band Club featuring both of the test pieces.